Parking permit

Hampshire County Council manages parking permit schemes for these districts:

  • New Forest
  • Test Valley
  • Fareham
  • Gosport


Annual residents permits: £50

Visitor permits: 100 virtual visitor permits per household will be included with the initial resident permit.


To be eligible for a residents parking permit you must have at least one of the following from each category:

Application details

  • mobile number
  • name
  • address
  • email

Proof of residency

  • council tax bill
  • utility bill
  • Blue Badge

Vehicle proof

  • vehicle registration document
  • hire or lease agreement
  • letter from employer
  • insurance certificate

Health care professionals and carers permits are for professional care company employees. Each vehicle must have its own permit which will be valid for parking in a residents zone for up to one hour.

To apply for a carers permit you must have proof of your need, such as a carers schedule/agreement linked to a local address.

How to apply

The best way to apply for, renew or cancel a parking permit is online. 

If you don’t have access to the internet, it is available through your local library.

You can ask a family member, friend, support group or carer to assist you. They can apply on your behalf if you need them to. You can also go to your local Citizens Advice.

If you can't apply online phone MiPermit on 0345 5207007.

For any other queries about residents parking, contact the Parking Services Team:


Phone 0300 555 1388

Hampshire County Council collects information about you to provide you with parking permits. Read our privacy notice

Apply, update or cancel a parking permit

If you are a resident in the other Hampshire districts and have a parking related query, you will need to contact them directly: