Where would you like on-street charging points located?
The County Council would like to hear from you to help us learn more about resident views on Electric Vehicle charging and to identify where demand is greatest.
The framework offers:
- the public sector a compliant way of obtaining, developing and delivering EV charging points via the Official Journal of European Union (OJEU) procurement route
- the chance to collaborate with the supplier to identify funding options, following desktop assessments
- the ability to purchase feasibility, installation, service and management activities as required
- access to private and grant funding to support public sector investment
- the option of a consistent, quality user interface across the region for the general public and public sector organisations, which can be accessible to drivers nationally
The Framework delivers a solution which is accessible, compatible for all users and works, ensuring that the "open protocol" approach to EV charging is adopted.
Charging on the highway
Where residents do not have a driveway or other off street parking, they may still be able to safely charge an electric vehicle from their property if they are able to park directly outside their property.
Fast charge points
Six fast charge points (3 to 4 hour charge required) have been installed at the following locations:
Calshot Activities Centre Southampton
Queen Elizabeth Country Park Waterlooville
Royal Victoria Country Park Netley
Sir George Staunton Havant
Lepe Country Park Southampton
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens Romsey