There are benefits for everyone if we stay fit and healthy. Healthy people generally have a better quality of life, more independence, are able to make their own choices, and take an active part in their community.
Hampshire County Council’s strategy outlines how we want to deliver improved health and wellbeing outcomes for everyone in Hampshire, driven by individual choice and with less dependency on health and social care provision.
Services we provide or commission
- Domestic abuse support
- Weight management
- NHS Health Checks
- Alcohol and drug misuse services
- Free and confidential services to improve the sexual health of adults and young people in Hampshire have been commissioned. These are provided by GPs, pharmacies and a specialist sexual health community based service. See the Get it on website.
- Falls Prevention services
Support for children, young people and their families
- Health Visitors
- Family Nurse Partnership
- Public Health School Nurses
- Children in Year R and Year 6 in Hampshire are measured and weighed as part of the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP). This is delivered in Hampshire by the Public Health School Nursing service.
Strategies, policies, and partnerships
- Falls Prevention Strategy
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Strategy for Children and Young People in Hampshire 2019-2024
- Hampshire Substance Misuse Strategy 2018-2023
- Towards a healthier Hampshire: a strategy for improving the public's health 2016-2021
- Suicide Prevention Strategy
- Domestic Abuse Strategy
- Hampshire Healthy Weight Strategy 2015-2019
- Public Health Privacy Notice
- Public Health and Planning in Hampshire Position Statement
- SBS Hampshire: supporting men in our communities
- Suicide Prevention and Postvention Protocol for Hampshire Schools and Colleges
- Hampshire Physical Activity Strategy 2018-21
- Public Health commissioning contracts
- Hampshire Tobacco Control Strategy 2018-2021
- Public Health Lifestyles Framework
To contact Public Health email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0300 555 1386.
To report environmental health issues
If you want to report:
- suspected food poisoning or a hygiene issue with a food outlet
- if you have an issue regarding your rented housing
- problems with neighbours: nuisance (noise, smoke, light), overhanging trees and shrubs, rubbish
- air quality (pollution)
contact your local district or borough council.
To report an outbreak of an infectious disease
Contact the Local Health Protection Team, Public Health England to report or seek support on
- infectious diseases
- chemical and radiation hazards
- major emergencies
For Hampshire residents, you should contact:
PHE Hampshire and Isle of Wight Health Protection Team (South East),
Fareham Borough Council Civic Offices, Civic Way,
Fareham, PO15 7AZ
Phone 0344 225 3861 (option 1 to 4 depending on area, then option 1)
Out of hours for health professionals only phone 0844 9670082.