General advice for Hampshire residents

Links to the latest government guidance, and information on how best to keep yourself well and prevent the spread of coronavirus

National lockdown: Stay at Home – from 5 January 2021

From 5 January 2021, Hampshire is in National lockdown: Stay at Home.

Read the Government guidance for National lockdown: Stay at Home on GOV.UK

Please note that people who are clinically extremely vulnerable should not attend work, school, college or university, and should limit time spent outside the home. Only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential.

Shielding guidance is available on GOV.UK

Help control the virus

To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you should:

  • wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
  • cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
  • make space – stay at least a metre away from people not in your household

To keep your home safe this winter you should:

  • wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you get home
  • sanitise high-contact touch points like light switches and door handles regularly

Symptoms and testing

If you are experiencing any of the main symptoms of coronavirus, however mild, you must book a test online or call NHS 119. You and anyone you live with should stay at home and only leave home to get your test. Do not have visitors until you get your test result. If your test is positive, you must follow the self-isolation guidance.

The NHS COVID-19 app has been developed by the NHS working with medical experts, privacy groups and at-risk communities. It is the fastest way of knowing when you are at risk from coronavirus. Anyone over the age of 16 who lives in England and Wales can use the app. Download the NHS COVID-19 app to protect your loved ones and your community.

Guidance for those who are clinically extremely vulnerable

If you are extremely clinically vulnerable, follow the advice for protecting people who are more at risk from coronavirus on GOV.UK.

Guidance for care homes

For information on care homes, including visiting, see advice for care homes and other care settings.

Government advice

For urgent advice

Use the 111 online coronavirus service if:

  • you are worried about your symptoms
  • you are not sure what to do

Use the 111 online coronavirus service

If you cannot get help online, call 111. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.

Please remember to seek medical advice and appointments for non-COVID related health issues wherever required.